Running a con is a tough but rewarding job. If you think you have what it takes to join our intrepid crew, please read on for a list of available positions. Then email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of what you’re applying to and why you’re the right pony for the job!
Note: All positions are volunteer and unpaid. Additionally, you MUST be over the age of 18 to volunteer for the convention. Benefits include free admission to the event (dependent on the amount of time spent volunteering), a staff T-shirt, and the chance to work on NYC’s biggest and brightest pony event. Depending upon your position, it might even look good on a resumé!
- Styling hair
- Face painting
Please note that reference images of your previous face painting work MUST be included with your application!
Big Apple Ponycon Store Staff
- Selling items at Big Apple Ponycon’s store
- Keeping track of items sold and payment received
- Inventorying merchandise
Gopher/Setup and Teardown Crew
- Assisting other staffers, VIPs, venue staff and convention attendees with miscellaneous tasks of all nature
- Assisting in setting up and tearing down convention facilities
- Assisting in cleanup and general maintenance
If you’d like to work for us in a position not listed above, drop email@example.com an email! Big Apple Ponycon is always looking for more dedicated, talented, and hard-working ponies.